Cost-effective and efficient safety and security
Our cost-effective and efficient approach to safety management systems helps make yacht ownership as simple and enjoyable as possible. Using our ON-BOARD electronic management system, owners, captains and crew can access synchronised information from anywhere in the world.
- Maintaining yacht SMS documents
- Developing owner-specific SMS procedures - LY3, Annex 2
- Receiving, processing and responding to accident and incident reports and monitoring the effectiveness of corrective action
- Monitoring planned and breakdown maintenance of safety equipment and critical systems
- Supporting statutory SMS reviews by the captain and the manager
- Maintaining compliance with ISM and ISPS codes
- Maintaining compliance with Maritime Labour Convention ( MLC 2006 )
- Developing SMS forms, operations manuals, SOLAS training manuals, SOPEP manuals and SSP manuals
- Providing the flag administration and classification society with safety audits and surveys
- Helping the owner and captain to assess crew training needs and develop operating policies and organisational structures
- Investigating accidents and hazardous occurrences
- Providing security support services required by the ISPS Code, including providing a company security officer (CSO)
Yachts over 500gt must comply with the International Safety Management (ISM) Code and the International Ship and Port Security (ISPS) Code. The revised Large Yacht Code (LY3) requires vessels under 500gt to follow the principles of the ISM Code for their safety management system (SMS).
With an in-depth knowledge of the ISM and ISPS Codes, Royale Oceanic holds a document of compliance for Bermuda, Cayman Island and Isle of Man flag administrations. For yachts under 500gt, we've created a mini-ISM to deliver user-friendly safety and security systems.
A single call to a dedicated number alerts our team, who then coordinate the response with the flag state, classification societies, insurance companies and other organisations.
As part of this service we:
- provide a 24/7 point of emergency contact
- function as the designated person ashore (DPA)
- offer 24/7 medical support through a specialist provider
- provide a single point of contact for the media in case of emergency
We are fortunate to work with some of the worlds finest yachts and we do our upmost to support them with their challenging schedules.Dee Turner - Charter Management